8 Ply (Double Thick) Archival Matboard
8 ply mats provide a very dramatic effect and are 100% conservation quality; therefore, they are often used in museums or galleries for special presentations of artwork or photos. MatShop uses Artique Conservation Matboard.
Please note: Matboard core color is the same color as the surface (color goes through the mat)
- 8 ply mats are double the normal thickness--approximately .096 inches or 1/8 inch thick.
- Matboard is:
- Acid Free and Lignin Free
- Alkaline pH Buffered
- Bleed and Fade Resistant
- 45 degree bevels on the openings allows the extra thick core to show dramatically.
- Bottom weighting provides dramatic effect, if desired.
- Especially effective when displaying black and white photography or artwork.