Single 8-Ply Archival Mats (Solid Color Core)
8 Ply (Double Thickness) Matboard
8 ply mats provide a very dramatic effect and are 100% conservation quality; therefore, they are often used in museums or galleries for special presentations of artwork or photos. MatShop uses Artique Conservation Matboard.
Note: Matboard core color is the same color as the surface (color goes through the mat)
- 8 ply mats are double the normal thickness--approximately .096 inches or 1/8 inch thick. Don\'t see the size you want? We custom cut any size with no surcharge. Call or email.
- Matboard is:
- Acid Free and Lignin Free
- Alkaline pH Buffered
- Bleed and Fade Resistant
- 45 degree bevels on the openings allows the extra thick core to show dramatically.
- Bottom weighting provides dramatic effect, if desired.
- Especially effective when displaying black and white photography or artwork.
Please note: Sizes shown are for the outside dimension of the mat. You pick the opening size.