Rag Matboard (Archival)
Cotton Archival/Museum Quality Mats
Order standard sizes below. If you need CUSTOM SIZE MATS - Use our Custom Mat Tool here!
Rag matboard is made from strong cotton fibres. Cotton is an environmentally friendly and renewable resource that is naturally acid and lignin free and guaranteed safe for all valuable artwork. It meets the standards for conservation and is time tested. Surface papers are pigmented for fade and bleed resistance. The matboard core color is a bright white. It is best used for original artwork, limited editions, and other valuable or valued artworks.
• Sizes shown are outside dimensions. You choose the opening size.
• Bevels are cut at 45 degrees (not a straight cut).
• Rag mats require the use of other acid-free materials in order to have a complete archival package.
• For color details, see our stock mat colors page.
• For non-stock and custom matboard information, contact us at [email protected]